Call for Special Session Proposals
The open call for special session proposals is also included below for your information:
The program for SPAWC 2022 will include Special Sessions that complement the regular program with new and emerging topics of interest to the signal-processing community, particularly those that are in line with the theme of the conference. The aim of a special session is to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art as well as to highlight current research directions and challenges in specific fields of signal processing.
Submission of Special Session Proposals
To submit a special session proposal, please prepare a PDF document with the following information and email it to the special sessions chairs, Profs. Danijela Cabric (danijela_at_ee.ucla.edu) and Christoph Studer (studer_at_ethz.ch) by January 7, 2022. Prior to submitting your special session proposal, please invite and confirm the participation of each participant and solicit a tentative paper title for each paper in the special session. Each special session is expected to have between 5 and 7 papers. All papers will be presented in poster format. Only a maximum of three organizers per special session is allowed, and each organizer may not contribute more than one paper.
Notification of acceptance is by January 14, 2022. If your proposal is accepted, then your speakers will be required to submit the final papers to EDAS by March 1, 2022. The individual papers in each session will then go through the regular SPAWC review process.
- Names of all special session organizers
- Email addresses of all special session organizers
- Brief biography of all special session organizers in IEEE format
- Tentative session title
- Summary of the special session topic
- Motivation and rationale of the special session with a discussion on the key issues of the special session, what makes the special session topic timely and state-of-the-art, and any special, unique, or distinctive features of the special session
Invited Paper Information
For each invited paper in the special session (5-7 papers total), please provide:
- Tentative paper title (and a short abstract)
- List of authors
Please feel free to provide any additional information that you think may be helpful for the conference organizing committee to evaluate the special session proposal.